Neuroinfectious Diseases are often difficult to diagnose since treatments are inadequate or nonexistent. Most antimicrobial infections have poor CNS penetration and require prolonged treatment. The drugs cannot access the abscess cavity, and surgical intervention is required. These diseases usually affect the nervous system. Tests for these diseases include blood tests, Computed Tomography and Spinal Tap. Neurosarcoidosis , an inflammatory disease marked by facial weakness and headache that may lead to a chronic condition.Other diseases include Meningitis and Encephalitis, Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy , Transverse Myelitis etc.
- Track 1-1 Neurosarcoidosis
- Track 2-2 Meningitis and Encephalitis
- Track 3-3 Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
- Track 4-4 Transverse Myelitis
- Track 5-5 Blood tests
- Track 6-6 Computed tomograpgy (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Track 7-7 Spinal tap